Published: Sunday, 01 March 2015 09:00
Join us on Saturday 21st March at Abergavenny Castle and Museum for
IZWA Culture & Crafts @ the Castle, Celebrating our Links to the Wider World.
Abergavenny Castle & Museum, 10.30 to 4pm.
This is a family friendly day of creativity and cultural exchange, featuring workshops and entertainment! Free entry. Nominal charge for some workshops.
Throughout the day, highlights include:
- Zimele's Zulu Beadwork Workshop. Making a daisy chain bracelet in the morning and a daisy chain necklace in the afternoon sessions, 15 spaces per session. **
- Love Zimbabwe's Zimbabwean Cookery, morning and afternoon sessions, 10 spaces per session. **
- Ffolky FFelt's Welsh Felting, morning and afternoon session, 12 spaces per session. **
** There is a nominal charge of £2 per session for these workshops. Pre-booking recommended due to limited spaces.
- Glass painting with GlitterArti Gifts, as well as painted glassware for sale. Cost £2.50 per item.
- An Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony from Two Towns Trading and the Abergavenny Yirgacheffe Community Link.
- Osprey Studio's all day join-in clay sculpture inspired by Fairtrade.
- The Wool Croft's Knitting and Crochet club. Bring your own projects, help with The close-Knit Community, or learn from the experts.
- Henna Art from Henna by Carli. Price dependent upon work.
- Facepainting! 10.45- 12.30 50p - £1 in aid of Zimele UK.
- Fairtrade and fairly traded stalls from Zimele UK, Love Zimbabwe and Two Towns Trading, including Zimbabwean lunches.
- Children's activities including make your own sandwich and decorate a cupcake. There will also be crisps and juice available for kids.
- Ethiopian Midwives and their interesting knitted items!
- Abergavenny Fairtrade Forum
10.30 Official Opening
11.30 Welsh Dancing from Cantref Primary School
1.00 Bellydancing from Topaz Tribal
2.00 Learn some Latin beats from drumming Group Samba Buena.
Our thanks go to our funders Wales Africa Community Links and Fairtrade Wales for their support in making this event possible.