- Published: Tuesday, 01 May 2018 09:00
Photo credit: Alan Underwood
The Close-Knit Community is back! For a fourth year we will be 'yarn bombing' in Abergavenny. That is decorating the town with wool, using knitted and crocheted squares. This year we're taking inspiration from the Abergavenny Arts Festival's theme of water. 'Go live' is Sunday 17th June 2018 which is also Father's Day.
The Close-Knit Community 2018 is a place to celebrate people: friends, family or those we admire, whether they are still with us or not. You can make dedications to those who are important to you. Each dedication £5 = 1 person to be remembered or celebrated. Perhaps an unusual Father's Day gift?
The squares are made from synthetic wool which is harmless to the tree and surrounding environment. After Zimele takes them down, the squares will be washed and recycled into blankets to be used by other charities.
Then make payment at a cost of £5 per name:
- Via Paypal or credit card
- Direct into our bank account Account name: Zimele UK
Sort Code: 40-08-04
- Post a cheque made payable to Zimele UK to the above address
- Pay cash at The Wool Croft, Emmeline's Homebaking or Abergavenny Castle and Museum. Please ask for a receipt. Completed flyers can also be handed in with cash payments.