- Published: Sunday, 01 March 2015 09:00
Join us on Saturday 21st March at Abergavenny Castle and Museum for
IZWA Culture & Crafts @ the Castle, Celebrating our Links to the Wider World.
Abergavenny Castle & Museum, 10.30 to 4pm.
This is a family friendly day of creativity and cultural exchange, featuring workshops and entertainment! Free entry. Nominal charge for some workshops.
Throughout the day, highlights include:
- Zimele's Zulu Beadwork Workshop. Making a daisy chain bracelet in the morning and a daisy chain necklace in the afternoon sessions, 15 spaces per session. **
- Love Zimbabwe's Zimbabwean Cookery, morning and afternoon sessions, 10 spaces per session. **
- Ffolky FFelt's Welsh Felting, morning and afternoon session, 12 spaces per session. **
** There is a nominal charge of £2 per session for these workshops. Pre-booking recommended due to limited spaces.
- Glass painting with GlitterArti Gifts, as well as painted glassware for sale. Cost £2.50 per item.
- An Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony from Two Towns Trading and the Abergavenny Yirgacheffe Community Link.
- Osprey Studio's all day join-in clay sculpture inspired by Fairtrade.
- The Wool Croft's Knitting and Crochet club. Bring your own projects, help with The close-Knit Community, or learn from the experts.
- Henna Art from Henna by Carli. Price dependent upon work.
- Facepainting! 10.45- 12.30 50p - £1 in aid of Zimele UK.
- Fairtrade and fairly traded stalls from Zimele UK, Love Zimbabwe and Two Towns Trading, including Zimbabwean lunches.
- Children's activities including make your own sandwich and decorate a cupcake. There will also be crisps and juice available for kids.
- Ethiopian Midwives and their interesting knitted items!
- Abergavenny Fairtrade Forum
10.30 Official Opening
11.30 Welsh Dancing from Cantref Primary School
1.00 Bellydancing from Topaz Tribal
2.00 Learn some Latin beats from drumming Group Samba Buena.